[Wien] Regarding extension in XAS energy window

Eamon McDermott eamon.mcdermott at tuwien.ac.at
Tue May 24 11:17:39 CEST 2016

To increase the XSPEC energy window this far above E_F, you must first
include additional conduction band states, first by increasing EMAX, and
possibly NBAND on the last line of case.in1, then re-run 'x lapw1' and 'x
lapw2 -qtl' to regenerating your QTL files. By default, EMAX should be 1.5
Ry (i.e. 20.4 eV, as you have discovered).

After this you can increase the energy window as you mention in your XSPEC
workflow. The complete workflow is laid out in w2web (Tasks -> XSPEC)

Depending on your site configuration and the complexity of your structure,
you may also need to increase your NUME parameter in order to get up to 50
eV. See
https://www.mail-archive.com/wien%40zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/msg01264.html
for
more info.