[Wien] Stress-Strain curve

Víctor Luaña Cabal victor at fluor.quimica.uniovi.es
Sun May 29 12:04:30 CEST 2016

On Sun, May 29, 2016 at 05:47:27AM +0530, Murugan Sundareswari wrote:
> Dear All,
> Greetings from India.
> We are working on mechanical properties and ductility behavior of some
> refractory materials... How to plot stress-strain curve for a cubic
> intermetallic?

That's exactly the purpose of two open source codes: asturfit is written
in octave and I find it more useful for an user that likes scientific
programming. The gibbs2 software is written in fortran and it is more
powerful if you want to include information on the  phonon density
of states and examine the thermal effect on to the properties.

Alll codes hav been published on Comput. Phys Commun. The gibbs2 is
an improvement on the gibbs code published in

Comput Phys Commun 158 (2004) 57--72

The article is written with mastery by the late Miguel Álvarez Blanco
and it is useful to start here.

For the asturfit and gibbs2 code:

Comput Phys Commun 182 (2011) 1708--1720; 2232--2248

The codes are actively maintained and you can find the last versions
in github (see my signature below.

Best regards,
             Víctor Luaña

--
     .  .    "El sabio siempre quiere aprender, el ignorante siempre
    / `' \   quiere enseñar" (-- refranero )
 |  \'`'`/  | actitud" -- Jorge Wasenberg, 2015
 |  |'`'`|  | ~Mediocre is worse than good, but it is also worse than
  \/`'`'`'\/  bad, because mediocrity is not a grade, it is an attitude~
! Dr.Víctor Luaña, in silico chemist & prof. !
! Departamento de Química Física y Analítica !
! Universidad de Oviedo, 33006-Oviedo, Spain !
! e-mail:  <victor at fluor.quimica.uniovi.es>  !
! phone: +34-985-103491  fax: +34-985-103125 !