[Wien] Is there an effect of SO on the ground state

pieper pieper at ifp.tuwien.ac.at
Tue Nov 1 19:41:42 CET 2016

In the way of a comment I only can repeat what has been explained
several times in this mailing list:

Take care to calculate all energies you want to compare with exactly the
same parameters: same structural unit cell, same number of k-vectors,
same Rkmax etc. and be careful to check that convergence with number of
k-vectors, and Rkmax is better than the energy differences you get for
the magnetic structures. Between the calculations only the orientation
of the moments should differ. This means you calculate ALL energies with
the largest unit cell of lowest symmetry to keep the size of the
primitve cell constant.

You told us that you already did the comparison of PM, FM, AF1, AF2,and
AF3 without SO. Did you do this in the above way? Was the calculated
magnetic structure with minimum energy the experimental one? Estimate
the exchange constants J from the energy differences. Are they
reasonable?

Good luck with the calculations,

Martin Pieper

---