[Wien] Difference between case.inst files for non spin-polarized and spin-polarized cases

Abderrahmane Reggad jazairdz at gmail.com
Sun Nov 6 18:54:49 CET 2016

I think there is a misunderstanding

1/ The problem lies in the expert mode of the graphical interface w2web. I
think I have always to use the instgen -ask script before doing the
initialization within the expert mode even for a non spin-polarized
calculation.

2/ I didn't understand this statement
" For a non-spinpolarized calculation it does not matter and you can start
with either spin-polarized or non-spinpolarized atoms."

Do you mean that I can one of these two configurations for the non
spin-polarized calculation:

*

Non spin-polarized configuration:

Ni