[Wien] Which Error (?) in W2Web

Gavin Abo gsabo at crimson.ua.edu
Sun Nov 13 17:40:11 CET 2016

grep "making" $WIENROOT/makescratch

The above terminal command should return in the output:

echo making $scratch directory

I looks like $scratch might have somehow got set to: -i

Since the mkdir command does not have a -i option, it returns that
"invalid option" error.

I would first try checking the contents of scratch variable in the
terminal/script environment and also the "Scratch Directory" box in
w2web under run_SCF.

Second, I would try adding -x to makescratch_lapw to see if the long
output could give a better idea were the problem might be coming
(similar to what was mentioned for troubleshooting csh scripts like
x_lapw [
http://www.mail-archive.com/wien@zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/msg07734.html
]).