[Wien] Hartree-Fock and the Hubbard Model

delamora delamora at unam.mx
Wed Nov 16 21:43:01 CET 2016

Dear Fabien Tran and Karel Vyborny,

Thanks for your comments.

What I want to know is if the Hartree Fock exchange is what the Hubbard U is trying to model

What I know is that for strong intraatomic repulsion, 3d and 4f, the Hubbard U gives good results, although the U is a parameter.

But for intermediate intraatomic repulsion, 4d, 5d, 5f then more expensive methods are needed, such as DMFT

So, if this is the case that the Hartree Fock exchange is what the Hubbard U is trying to model then the hybrid functionals would do a better job.

So, my question is; What are the Hubbard U and DMFT trying to model?

Cheers

          Pablo de la Mora