[Wien] regarding permission of Wien2k commands

Elias Assmann elias.assmann at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 10:56:22 CET 2016

Dear Bhamu,

I fail to understand the problem.

On 11/17/2016 08:33 AM, Dr. K. C. Bhamu wrote:
> While playing with unix commands on my machine, I lost permission of all
> Wien2k commands. Because of this I am not able to run any Wien2k commands.
>
> I am getting the following permissions for all commands:
>
> -rwxrwxr-x" .

That combination of statements does not make sense.  If you see the
permissions you state, you have permission to “execute” that file (and
so does every other user since the “a+x” bit is set).

> How to get rid off this problem?

If the problem is that you cannot run the commands, the reason is
somewhere else.  Post the error you are seeing.

If the problem is that you set executable permissions on every file and
want to reverse that, that is harder since you have to figure out which
files “should” have that permission.

	Elias