[Wien] Why I am getting total forces as partial forces in mBJ

Dr. K. C. Bhamu kcbhamu85 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 11:51:30 CET 2016

Dear Experts

I have done PBE calculation (5% rmt reduction) with -fc 1 and the
forces on the Oxygen atom become sufficiently small.

Then I did mBJ (0,1,2,3 options) calculation (without -fc as mBJ is
potential) and what I see is the total forces are showing as partial
forces. However the forces are zero on Ag and Al while ~-68-70 on
Oxygen.
I know from my past discussion that the forces in both cases will
differ but the two word
:FOR003:   1.ATOM       xxx       xxx       xxx       xxxx total forces
in case of PBE (-fc 1)
:FOR001:   1.ATOM       xx       xxx       xxx      xxx partial forces
in case of PBE (-fc 1) +mBJ.

In the original BJ potential I am getting total forces at the end not
the partial forces.

Is it ok?

Sincerely
Bhamu