[Wien] How to include the localized d orbitals in the atomic spheres?

pieper pieper at ifp.tuwien.ac.at
Wed Nov 30 18:26:08 CET 2016

You put the same question in front of Elias, and since he is a very
distinguihed expert with Wannier representations I will leave the answer
to that one to him ... I just propose that you find out why by looking
up Wannier functions in your favorite solid state physics text (e.g.
Ashcroft & Mermin).

Or you can take it for granted that Wien2k does its very best to model
the electronic structure correctly - especially localized and itinerant
as limiting behavior. The more difficult (and interesting) possibilities
are in between.

---
Dr. Martin Pieper
Karl-Franzens University