[Wien] Experimental vs theoretical lattice parameters

Md. Fhokrul Islam fislam at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 4 11:20:01 CEST 2016

Dear Wien2k users,

      I have been trying to figure out how much difference does it make if I calculate bandstructure

of Sb2Te3 with experimental and optimized lattice parameters. I have optimized both c/a and internal

coordinates but the band gap for optimized structure is only about 13 meV whereas with experimental

lattice constants it is about 0.2 eV. I was expecting some difference but this is more than an order of

magnitude smaller. I am wondering if anyone else has faced this issue.

Regards,

Fhokrul