[Wien] System hang during parallel calculation

Ashish Sharma ashishsharma1092016 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 08:04:30 CEST 2016

Hi,

Respected Wien2k Users,

I have a system hang (freeze) problem during the parallel calculations.

   I am running WIEN2k_14.2 on a Intel Xeon workstation with dual cpu , 32
   cores  with ubuntu 15 and intel parallel studio Xe 2016 with fftw3
   install.  These steps are taken during the calculations

   1-     firstly i have set  export OMP_NUM_THREADS = 32

   2-     Secondly i have used
       export OMP_NUM_THREADS = 16

and also i try

           export OMP_NUM_THREADS = 1

In all cases my system become hang (freeze) after 10-11 minutes. My
calculations was for 64 atoms of different structures.

During the installation  of WIEN2k_14.2 all program compile was without any
error.

Thanks,

Best Regards,

Ashish Sharma