[Wien] Change of structure symmetry

delamora delamora at unam.mx
Wed Oct 12 07:53:15 CEST 2016

Thank you,

I have encountered this problem before and I was able to use the orthorhombic cell, but in this case the task was much harder, and if sgroup had this ability to choose the most "compact" cell it would be nice.

For example a square cell is correct (in 2D), but if one puts lines at 45 degrees it is also correct in certain cases. Which is what is happening here, the program chooses 90+45 degrees instead of 90

I hope to make myself clear