[Wien] About the Ueff in the the SIC approximation

Fecher, Gerhard fecher at uni-mainz.de
Wed Oct 19 09:37:31 CEST 2016

Dear Peter
Should npt be there also some restictions on U and J by some sum rules ?
 I guess -- for a rough example -- that Ueff = U-J >0 should be positive, otherwise the electrons may attract each other by the Coulomb interaction ??

I did not check the code, therefore the question is whether or not the program detects violations of sum rules that might lead to unphysical things ?

Ciao
Gerhard

Dr. Gerhard H. Fecher
Johannes Gutenberg - University