[Wien] Hartree-Fock and the Hubbard Model

tran at theochem.tuwien.ac.at tran at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Tue Oct 25 09:25:25 CEST 2016

Hi,

all these methods are somehow based on the Hartree-Fock method,
which is (partially) free of self-interaction error.
The SIE with LDA/GGA is particularly large for localized d or f
electrons, such that LDA/GGA don't work well with these systems.

The onsite LDA+U and onsite hybrid are by far much cheaper than
the full hybrids.

This is a good paper to read:
http://journals.aps.org/prb/abstract/10.1103/PhysRevB.79.035103

F. Tran