[Wien] regarding hanging of job and mBJ

Dr. K. C. Bhamu kcbhamu85 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 11:48:00 CEST 2016

Thank you Tran for your useful answer. Please see my reply.

Hi,

> At which point is such a calculation hanging? When lapw0 is running?

 Yes it happens when lapw0 starts after couple of cycles.

Beside this, I don't think that there is a problem with a calculation if
> finally you could converge it.

Should I re-run with a clean_lapw or just delete a job and then re-run scf
without any change?

> After force minimization with LDA or PBE, then do the mBJ calculation
> without -fc. -fc is necessary if you do geometry optimization, which you
> can not do with mBJ.

Thank you very much Tran.