[Wien] Intel compilers and MPI

Laurence Marks L-marks at northwestern.edu
Mon Oct 31 19:27:15 CET 2016

The intel ifort + mkl for k-point parallel.
Scalapack for mpi (check if it is in the package you are looking at)
Intel mpi is good, but openmpi and mvapich as also good. I currently
prefer the intelmpi.
The intel C compiler is not critical (gcc should be fine). If it comes
with, use it. I would not purchase it just for Wien2k.

--
Professor Laurence Marks
"Research is to see what everybody else has seen, and to think what