[Wien] magnetization

Laurence Marks L-marks at northwestern.edu
Tue Apr 25 15:56:25 CEST 2017

If the atoms are supposed to be the same by symmetry, if you have
setup the calculation right they are the same as Wien2k exploits
symmetry. If, however, you are calculating in some lower symmetry for
some reason (e.g. imprecise atomic positions, not accepting the
structure changes Wien2k finds) it is easy to have slightly different
values unless you use a very high convergence -- and even then the
results may slightly break symmetry.

It sounds like you are not using the correct symmetry, if these atoms
are really the same....

--
Professor Laurence Marks
"Research is to see what everybody else has seen, and to think what