[Wien] Gap calculated with GGA+U, mBJ and HF

Karel Vyborny vybornyk at fzu.cz
Mon Aug 7 11:23:36 CEST 2017

In my opinion, you can't say that. Some authors would do this but I don't
think this is a good scientific practice. You can present results of all
four calculations of course, but then it is just to say that regarding the
size of the gap ("positive or negative") the results are inconclusive. It
may be helpful to compare the four band structures and see how similar
they are. But simply, when it comes to the precise position of individual
bands (are they shifted couple of 0.1 eVs up or down) you don't have the
necessary accuracy. Also note that the value of U in one of your
calculatations will probably have a strong influence - do you have any
idea about reasonable range of this parameter?

KV

--- x ---
dr. Karel Vyborny
Fyzikalni ustav AV CR, v.v.i.