[Wien] Spin changes

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Sun Dec 3 09:40:39 CET 2017

Without knowing what system it is it is difficult to comment.

What you describe happens often in itinerant (metallic) magnetic systems
and if you did not make any mistake, it means you have found the most
stable magnetic state.

If you are working with more localized systems (3d TM oxides, 4f,
insulators, ..) you should probably find several metastable solutions.
This may require DFT+U, and by constraining dmats or vorb files, you can
usually force more and different solutions.