[Wien] BAND-PLOT BUG

徐远骥 yuanjixu at iphy.ac.cn
Fri Dec 15 21:23:40 CET 2017

Dear all:

   I am doing GGA+U calculations using the newest WIEN2K_17 version now. After I get the covered GGA+U results, I am using the following commands to plot the band:

   x lapw0 -p
   x orb -up -p
   x orb -dn -p
   x lapw1 -orb -band -up -p
   x lapw1 -orb -band -dn -p
   x lapw2 -orb -band -qtl -up -p
   x lapw2 -orb -band -qtl -dn -p
   x spaghetti -up -p
   x spaghetti -dn -p

  and I am get the right results!

  Then, I using "clean -s" to clean the results and running the following commands:

   x lapw0 -p
   x orb -up -p
   x orb -dn -p
   x lapw1 -orb -band -up -p
   x lapw1 -orb -band -dn -p
   x lapw2  -band -qtl -up -p
   x lapw2  -band -qtl -dn -p
   x spaghetti -up -p
   x spaghetti -dn -p

  sure, I am get the wrong results.(This means the new version WIEN2K_17 is different with WIEN2K_14 when plotting gga+u bands).

  Then I using "clean -s" to clean the results again and running the following commands again in the same directory:

   x lapw0 -p
   x orb -up -p
   x orb -dn -p
   x lapw1 -orb -band -up -p
   x lapw1 -orb -band -dn -p
   x lapw2  -orb -band -qtl -up -p
   x lapw2  -orb -band -qtl -dn -p
   x spaghetti -up -p
   x spaghetti -dn -p

But the results is not change again and can't go back to the right results.

I don't know if this situation appears in your calculations ?  If it appears in your calculations, you should be careful.

Best wishes!

Yours

--
Xu yuanji(徐远骥)