[Wien] Band gap calculation of C diamond structure

Abhilash Patra abhilashpatra at niser.ac.in
Mon Feb 13 09:18:37 CET 2017

Dear Wien2k users,
I am running WIEN2k_14.2 on my  Lenovo workstation with fedora 23. I want
to calculate the band gap of C, Si, and Ge with the diamond structure.
To generate my struct file I used: No. of Atoms-1, Space group- 227_Fd-3m
and a=b=c=3.567 and one carbon atom at (0,0,0). Then set RMT automatically
(reduce RMT--0%). Then it set RMT to 1.18. I initiate calculation with all
the default values and run SFC as there is no warning in the STDOUT.
But when I see the structure in the Xcrysden the figure is not looking like
diamond structure. And the band plot shows no gap

: GAP: -99999.   Ry = -9999.    eV  ( metallic )

I have already tried the structure : Atom=1, FCC, a=3.567, one atom at
(0,0,0) and other position at (0.25,0.25,0.25). This gives diamond-likee
structure but in the STDOUT file it gives some warning like

warning: !!! Struct file is not consistent with space group found.
Number and name of space group: 227 (F d -3 m) [origin choice 2]

and SCF gives error like

head: cannot open ‘WIEN2k.inm’ for reading: No such file or directory
head: cannot open ‘WIEN2k.inm’ for reading: No such file or directory
no WIEN2k.clmsum(_old) file found, which is necessary for lapw0 !

>   stop error

Please suggest me about the struct file which will give the results
for all like LDA, PBE and mGGAfunctionals

Thanks
--
Abhilash Patra
Research Scholar(Ph.D.)