[Wien] Chemical Potential Boltztrap

elsasab at alumni.uv.es elsasab at alumni.uv.es
Tue Feb 28 12:42:39 CET 2017

Dear Prof. Gavin Abo;

I'm so grateful to you for answering me.

But related to the first question, I almost have checked the chemical potential coloumn in the trace file for all the examples in test directory of the BoltzTrap and I didn't find zero value nor negative values like what is shown in the chemical potential x-axis in the paper of Madsen.

Also as I understand from the answer of the question in the mailing list
(http://www.mail-archive.com/wien@zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/msg08117.html) If we follow their way for the case of Bi2Te3 ,for example, we see that the third line in the intrans file is:

0.34517 0.0005 0.3 78.0   # Fermilevel (Ry), energygrid, energy span around Fermilevel, #of electrons

So it means that we can expect that the first and last value in the chemical potential column in the trace file should be 0.34517-0.3 and 0.34517+0.3 respectively but it is not what I found in the trace file; since the first and last value of the chemical potential are .19367 and .50167 respectively

In The second part, the range that is mentioned in the definition of ecut(ecut gives the range around efermi in which the bands are included) means the range of the energy that is occupied by the valence and conduction band around the fermi level or I'm confused?

Best regards
Ana