[Wien] problem in 2Doptimize.job or in my method ...

Lyudmila Dobysheva lyuka17 at mail.ru
Wed Jan 11 07:59:37 CET 2017

10.01.2017 21:18, Dr. K. C. Bhamu wrote:
> I am running the attached struct file for 2Doptimization. The structure
> is hexagonal.
> _First query:_
> *Is it ok to use it for PBE+U ( min -j "runsp_lapw -p -i 200 -ec 0.00005
> -cc 0.0005 -fc 0.5 -I") ??*
>
> when I submit the 2Doptimize.job  my initialised struct file changed to
> the initial one and it gives me "nn error".
> then I tried to comment/uncomment many lines in the script (dstart and
> clmextrapol_lapw) but the problem did not solve. Finally, I  uncommitted
> the line "## cp $i.struct CuGaO2.struct" see below in blue with bold.
> Now the job is running well.
> _Second query:_
> My query is whether what I did is fine of I should not change anything
> in the script. If/I do not change anything in the script then the nn
> problem occurs/.

If you do some changes in scripts by hit and guess without exact knowing
what it means - it's not good.
I'd say that this line makes transition from one struct file to another.
Now you do not have nn problem because all your calculations are with
one and the same struct file.
You should find WHY you have the problem, with which struct file
exactly, and then solve it.

The struct file you send looks o'k.

Best wishes
   Lyudmila Dobysheva
Phys.-Techn. Institute of Ural Br. of Russian Ac. of Sci.
426001 Izhevsk, ul.Kirova 132
RUSSIA
Tel.:7(3412) 432045(office), 722529(Fax)
E-mail: lyu at ftiudm.ru, lyuka17 at mail.ru (office)
         lyuka17 at gmail.com (home)
Skype:  lyuka17 (home), lyuka18 (office)
http://ftiudm.ru/content/view/25/103/lang,english/