[Wien] How to calculate Band structure and DOS by the onsite hybrid method

Gavin Abo gsabo at crimson.ua.edu
Sun Jan 15 21:24:26 CET 2017

In a terminal ($ is a bash shell):

$ x -h lapw1 | tail -1
x lapw1 [-c -up/-dn -it -noHinv -noHinv0 -p -nohns -orb -band -nmat_only
-nmr -scratch dir]
$ x -h spaghetti | tail -1
x spaghetti [-up/-dn -so -p -hf -enefile]

Using "x -h PROGRAMNAME" above, the -eece flag is not given as a valid
option for lapw1 and spaghetti.

In w2web, with spin polarized and eece checked under Execution->run SCF,
the Tasks->Bandstructure gives with Spin UP selected:

create case.klist_band
x lapw1 -band -up -orb (orb boxes are unchecked, but they can be
manually checked [1])
x lapw1 -band -dn -orb (the -c flag should be dropped so that it can be
automatically detected [2])
edit case.insp (insert EF value into the file)
x spaghetti -up

[1]
http://www.mail-archive.com/wien@zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/msg00815.html
[2]