[Wien] WARNING: K-list has changed

Dr. K. C. Bhamu kcbhamu85 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 06:42:00 CET 2017

Thank you Gavin for quick reply,

I think you mentioned that this was for a 2D optimization.  I don't think
> you provided the optimize.job file.  Did you perhaps have -NI on
> run[sp]_lapw in it?  The -NI will not remove the case.broyd* files.  Not
> sure, but perhaps keeping those files could lead to the WARNINGs.

Yes, it was the -NI problem now "case.scf: :WARNING: K-list has change"
warning has gone but the remaining warning still persists:
"case.scf: :WARNING: Density Matrix or Orbital Potential has changed".

> In what ITERATION in case.scf did the WARNINGs occur?

>From begging.

> The output you showed from "grep :WARN *.scf" looked like it had only one
> occurrence of the WARNINGs or you did you remove the other repeating
> occurrences to shorten your email?

Yes, I removed the repeating occurrences for shorten the email.

> If they only happened in the first cycle (iteration), then it might be
> safe to ignore the WARNINGs.

No, I am getting ""case.scf: :WARNING: Density Matrix or Orbital Potential
has changed" in each scf cycle.

Hope someone other will look for the remaining warning message.

Sincerely
Bhamu