[Wien] d-eg orbitals are not effected by applying Ueff

pieper pieper at ifp.tuwien.ac.at
Fri Jan 27 12:49:20 CET 2017

Not really a comment, just a few questions one might consider (I
probably would, but I am half an expert at best):

I understand that this is an alloy? If yes, what kind of supercell do
you use to model the system? Are these t2g and eg symmetries actually
present in all possible configurations within the alloy (probably not)?
Is it possible that the symmetry you artificially impose is at the
bottom of this? Why do you believe that U should act in the same way on
different symmetries? Could it be that localizing t2g pays off much
better than eg? Did you try other configurations / supercells /
symmetries?

Best regards,

Martin Pieper

---