[Wien] my membership to the mailing list gets disabled every 3 weeks

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Mon Jan 30 16:34:15 CET 2017

I've nothing changed recently in the mailing list configuration, so I
don't know why this should now happen (except when your mail system has
changed e.g spam-processing, ...)

It probably comes from   bounce processing, i.e. mailman cannot send to
your email addresses and gets a bounce back. After 5 (or 10 days if it
is a soft bounce) it will disable your membership and just before, it
will send you a warning.

It may have to do with your specific email accounts ? maybe they think
it is spam ... ?

Of course, I can increase the bounce level from 5 (up to 10), but for
sure I want to keep it, otherwise mailman will keep outdated addresses
forever and continues to send mails to them.

Regards