[Wien] runsp_lapw -eece error

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Mon Jul 3 11:11:57 CEST 2017

No changes in EECE yes, as far as I know.

The problem of your tests is that you should NOT change case.in0 and put
EECE into it.

runsp -eece   needs just one input, case.ineece (your example is ok) and
it will create case.in0eece on the fly (in runeece) itself.
---------------------------------

Problem of using mBJ with on-site exchange (-eece) with either HYBR or
EECE in case.ineece is, that the mBJ potential for the correlated
electrons (only the d or f-density) cannot be subtracted properly to
remove the double counting.

At the moment, mode HYBR will run through, because for the double
counting correction MBJ is automatically replaced by VX_LDA.

This is not done for EECE, therefore the crash when it tries to read
case.r2v.

At the moment you can use HYBR with mixing 1.0, which is nearly the same
as EECE (the LDA-correlation subraction would be the difference).

---------------
In WIEN2k_17 both schemes will be enabled, but always with the "wrong"
LDA double counting subtracted instead of mBJ and a :WAR warning will be
issued.

PS: In principle we could implement mBJ double counting correction, but
the experience even with PBE shows, that for these "correlated
densities" (which are often very non-spherical and may even have exact
angular nodes), even GGAs have severe problems due to the badly defined
grad rho or laplace rho terms (leading to V_xc(RMT) jumps of several
orders of magnitude, see case.output0 and huge SIGMA values in your scf
files).

For these reasons, the new version will have an option of a
case.in0_eece_lda file, which should be a standard in0 file, but with
XC_LDA. Then even for a PBE+EECE (or +HYBR) calculation, LDA will be the
double counting correction, because it behaves MUCH better than GGAs.