[Wien] Comparison of total energy from mBJ calculations

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Tue Jul 4 13:55:12 CEST 2017

But you should have a good reason why you do this !!!!

mBJ potentials are a priori NOT GOOD DFT ground state potentials and for
most materials PBE-GGA will give a better electron density than mBJ.

There are a few exceptions, eg. when PBE gives you a metal, but mBJ an
insulator leading to some reoccupation of certain orbitals and thus to a
modified electron density.