[Wien] Charge convergence

Luis Ogando lcodacal at gmail.com
Wed Jul 12 16:50:47 CEST 2017

Dear Prof. Marks, Blaha and Dobysheva,

   First of all, thank you very much for your comments.

*Dear Prof. Marks:*

1) The warning message is related to

WARNING: RKmax reduced due to NMATMAX

but I am aware of this. No reasons to worry about.

2) My system is a molecule (as pointed by Prof. Blaha) with 60 C atoms, 5 N
atoms and 35 H atoms. The cell has vacuum along two of the three directions.
   I believe that the large changes in atomic positions are related to
rotations of the H bonds (is there a way to check it ?). It may explain the
"significant" changes in :DIS without disturbing the energy. Do you believe
that this can also explain the small GREED value ?  MSR1a certainly found
soft modes.

*Dear Prof. Blaha:*
1) I thought that once the -cc and -ec criteria are fulfilled, the
optimization process stops changing the structure. Now I know that the stop
criterium is more complex than this (obviously, the forces have to be taken
into account in a minimization process)

*Dear Prof. Dobysheva:*
1) Thank you for your clarification. It will be useful.

   All the best,
                     Luis