[Wien] Spin part of the magnetic susceptibility

pieper pieper at ifp.tuwien.ac.at
Fri Jul 21 15:24:05 CEST 2017

There have been several comments on this.

I can only guess at what exactly you want to calculate, but to me it
seems that calculating a (zero-field) spin-resolved DOS would be a good
start. Then you shift the spin-up and spin-down parts rigidly by mu_B*B
by hand, and count how many mu_B you get per Tesla field.

If you want/need anything more elaborate you will have to provide more
information on what kind of measurement in what kind of ferromagnetic
metal or semiconductor you actually are interested in (and/or read
Ashcroft & Mermin).

---
Dr. Martin Pieper
Karl-Franzens University