[Wien] experimental vs relaxed parameters using wien2k

Chouaib AHMANI FERDI ahmaniferdichouaib at gmail.com
Fri Jul 28 10:49:11 CEST 2017

​Dear Wien2k users,​

Thank you for your feedback.

If I got this right, I see that the optimization doesn't lead necessary to
a good results and experimental data are there to evaluate the accuracy of
the calculation method, and by that I mean the choice of parameters,
potential, structure ...
The methodology depends also on the purpose of the calculation, and the
properties we are looking for.

However, given the large interval in which reside the lattice parameters
provided by different papers, how to be quite sure we have chosen the
correct structure or that is closest to reality. I am aware of the fact
that this is a vague question given the variety of the different compounds
but is there at least some indications visible before or after the SCF
cycles that could help evaluate the credibility of the .struct file ?

Faithfully,

--
AHMANI FERDI Chouaïb
"Laboratoire Matériaux Nanomatériaux Nanomagnétisme