[Wien] PBE vs mBJ

Fecher, Gerhard fecher at uni-mainz.de
Mon Jul 31 09:01:57 CEST 2017

This question is just not scientific sound.

You choose the functional and this functional gives you some answer on the electronic structure,
this answer is not the universal answer, it is just that what you asked the computer to do.
Remember that the A in LDA, etc. means approximation !

It is bad habit to change the functional until one finds an answer that one likes to have.

By the way, is your "experimental value" correct at all ?
Did you ask where the gap is comming from in the same way as you ask about the calculation ?

Ciao
Gerhard

Dr. Gerhard H. Fecher
Johannes Gutenberg - University