[Wien] Convergence problem in mbj potential calculation

Fecher, Gerhard fecher at uni-mainz.de
Tue Jun 13 10:38:20 CEST 2017

I do not have much experience with mBJ
such an oscillating type of the values I usually observe if I have a "bad integration", that is usually a too low number of k-points

did you do a calculation with PBE and was there a similar behavior ?

and as usual, are you sure that your structure is correct ?

Ciao
Gerhard

====================================
Dr. Gerhard H. Fecher
Johannes Gutenberg - University
55099 Mainz
and
01187 Dresden
            I have reached the convergence up to; cc=1.91 & ec=0.23
gap is coming for the last ten cycles as;

:GAP  : -99999.   Ry = -9999.    eV  ( metallic )
:GAP  : -99999.   Ry = -9999.    eV  ( metallic )
:GAP  :    0.0126 Ry =     0.172 eV   (provided you have a proper k-mesh)
:GAP  :    0.0273 Ry =     0.371 eV   (provided you have a proper k-mesh)
:GAP  : -99999.   Ry = -9999.    eV  ( metallic )
:GAP  : -99999.   Ry = -9999.    eV  ( metallic )
:GAP  :    0.0126 Ry =     0.172 eV   (provided you have a proper k-mesh)
:GAP  :    0.0273 Ry =     0.371 eV   (provided you have a proper k-mesh)
:GAP  : -99999.   Ry = -9999.    eV  ( metallic )
:GAP  : -99999.   Ry = -9999.    eV  ( metallic )

with regards,