[Wien] Convergence problem in mbj potential calculation

Fecher, Gerhard fecher at uni-mainz.de
Wed Jun 14 11:24:42 CEST 2017

Indeed, your compound is also metallic already with PBE, this you did not tell when I asked about PBE.
Also, the PBE does not result in a ferromagnetic state, I guess ?

Actually it is not realy clear what you try to do,
It seems your structure is derrived from NiO using a 1x1x1 cubic supercell and then replacing of the four Ni atoms two Ni by Li and one Ni by Ti.
This changes the symmetry from space group 225 to 123, however you left some numbering of the atoms over.
(The origin of the lattice parameter you use stays unclear)
Assuming your structure is derrived realy from the NiO fcc structure all positions will be fixed and a relaxation of the position does not make sense as your lower symmetry is introduced artificially.

I wonder whether this structure leads to anything usefull, as the cubic LiNiO2=(Li0.5Ni0.5)O or (Li0.5Ti0.5)O have already
the same fcc structure as NiO but the Li and Ti or Ni atoms are distributed randomly at the same site.
Therefore I would assume that you have something similar and not such well defined occupation of the positions as you use.

Therefore, you should first clarify and fix your structure (remember the note of Laurence on possible distortions)
then fix your magnetic order (note that antiferromagnetic order may change the symmetry another time).

Ciao
Gerhard

Dr. Gerhard H. Fecher
Johannes Gutenberg - University