[Wien] Query in specify DFT+U calculation

Lyudmila Dobysheva lyuka17 at mail.ru
Thu Mar 16 09:21:05 CET 2017

16.03.2017 11:12, Nazia Erum wrote:
> Can u please guide me how to run DFT+U
> calculation of  SnTaO3 perovskite.
>   i have done following steps but they are not working:
> Run a scf withDFT+U option and set appropriate value (0.95) of U in
> case.inorb but not sure what to change in cade.indm
> then converge charge and increase number of iterations but resulting
> bandgap is same like simple GGA.

With such information nobody can answer, we can only guess. You are to
send input files (especially struct, inorb, indm) and part of output
which you should separate yourself (especially dayfile, error files).
Make a search through mailing list, perhaps you can find the reason
yourself, and at least you'll see how to ask questions in order to
obtain an informative answer.

Best wishes
   Lyudmila Dobysheva
Phys.-Techn. Institute of Ural Br. of Russian Ac. of Sci.
426001 Izhevsk, ul.Kirova 132
RUSSIA
Tel.:7(3412) 432045(office), 722529(Fax)
E-mail: lyu at ftiudm.ru, lyuka17 at mail.ru (office)
         lyuka17 at gmail.com (home)
Skype:  lyuka17 (home), lyuka18 (office)
http://ftiudm.ru/content/view/25/103/lang,english/