[Wien] XCrysDen problem in Wien2k16

Dr. K. Balamurugan kbala at nitt.edu
Fri Mar 24 12:24:32 CET 2017

Dear Wien2k group,

I have one well known problem in working with XCrysDen in Wien2k. I
recently updated to Wien2k16. Now while trying to plot Electron
Density and selecting k-path for band structure using XCrySDen, I get
"Requires X-Windows system ... Calc" and "Requires X-Windows system
..." messages respectively.

I run Wine2k16 in openSUSE Linux installed in Windows10 system using
Oracle Virtual Box. I am using 10 GB RAM for Linux with 2 cores from
quad core processors. I tested with TiC case only; but getting the
XCrySDen issues. I have properly installed X11 from X.org via openSUSE
download site.

Please let me get some input to solve this issue.

Thanks.

With regards
K. Balamurugan
NIT Trichy, India.