[Wien] Calculation of Ueff

Fecher, Gerhard fecher at uni-mainz.de
Mon Mar 27 16:25:33 CEST 2017

"The two calculations converged but with more than 100 iteration (bad convergence)"
==> did you start them from scratch ? Try to run a calculation with the unchanged inputs (regular setting of electron occupation)
        then use the converged potential to run the calculations with changed input files, (I checked some of my old calculations, it never took more than 20-25 cycles)

you also may increase the number of k-points (plane waves) and rerun the calculation with the preconverged charge densities.

Ciao
Gerhard

Dr. Gerhard H. Fecher
Johannes Gutenberg - University