[Wien] effective mass calculation from electronic band structure

Fecher, Gerhard fecher at uni-mainz.de
Tue Mar 28 16:00:20 CEST 2017

for this purpose I made my own k-lists by hand
and used the energies from the band structure (case.spaghetti_ene);
principally one can also use the case.energy files if one has a proper k-list.
What to use may depend on the format you like to have for the method you use to analyse the E(k) dependence.
(I did the analysis using Origin (checked also by MapleV))
Codes for second order derrivatives may be found in Numerical Recipes for Fortran or other books on numerical mathematics.

Ciao
Gerhard

Dr. Gerhard H. Fecher
Johannes Gutenberg - University