[Wien] Discontinuity in Seebeck coefficient

Pascal Boulet pascal.boulet at univ-amu.fr
Wed Mar 29 14:05:19 CEST 2017

Hello,

If I understand correctly, this is not a discontinuity and the result is correct. When the chemical potential is in the valence band (p-doping) S is positive (transport by holes). When the chemical potential is in the conduction band (n-doping) S is negative (transport by electrons). In between S must be zero somewhere. « Where » is in the band gap, where there is no carriers.

Best regards
Pascal

-
Pascal Boulet - MCF HDR, Resp. L2 MPCI - DEPARTEMENT CHIMIE
Aix-Marseille Université - ST JEROME - Avenue Escadrille Normandie Niemen - 13013 Marseille
Tél: +33(0)4 13 55 18 10 - Fax : +33(0)4 13 55 18 50
Site : http://madirel.univ-amu.fr/pages_web_BOULET_PASCAL/annuaire - Email : pascal.boulet at univ-amu.fr