[Wien] optimization for 225 (cubic) space group

tran at theochem.tuwien.ac.at tran at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Thu May 4 21:30:12 CEST 2017

Hi,
If the SCF calculations were done with a value for a parameter (e.g.,
RKmax, number of k-points or energy convergence criteria) that was
not good enough, then this may introduce some noise such that the
Murnaghan EOS can not fit perfectly the data and, therefore,
leads to an optimised lattice parameter that depends on the chosen
volumes to do the fit.

In your case the fit does not seem perfect, but still reasonable
since the variations in the lattice parameter are only at the
third digit (at most tiny changes in the electronic properties).

FT