[Wien] paramagnetic or diamagnetic

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Mon May 8 20:19:11 CEST 2017

In an insulator/semiconductor you have only the orbital part of the
susceptibility. This can be calculated using our NMR package and such a
material will be diamagnetic.

In metals you have in addition a spin suszeptibility, which you can
trivially calculate using spin-polarized calc. and an external field.
Usually this part is paramagnetic. And then you have to see, which part
dominates ....

See also our NMR package.