[Wien] change of lattice parameters while alloying

Dr. K. C. Bhamu kcbhamu85 at gmail.com
Tue May 9 01:55:29 CEST 2017

Dear Wien2k Users

I am alloying a quaternery compound: replacing Cr with Br one by one.
What I see is, the pristine compound is cubic with 225 SG. When I replace
Cl by Br one by one then lattice parameters deviates from cubic to
different structure.
like a=b, c or a,b,c. SG also changes.
During initialisation I accepted the new structure suggested by the w2web.
Should I accept the suggested structure?
As per my understanding from previous posts from mailing list we should
accept the suggested structure which is with lower symmetry.

Is the change of lattice parameters is normal behaviour of material or I am
doing any mistake?

Sincerely

Bhamu