[Wien] change of lattice parameters while alloying

Dr. K. C. Bhamu kcbhamu85 at gmail.com
Tue May 9 18:45:22 CEST 2017

Thank you Prof. Peter for detailed reply,
May be I still have some doubts on symmetries and need to read some
literature.
For meanwhile, from literature I came to know that the distortion in my
doped structure "change in unit cell ("lattice parameters and angles")"
 may occur depending on size effects, deviations from the ideal composition
and the JTE etc.

So what I am doing is good and there is no way to preserve the same SG/unit
cell.

I  tried to maintain the original structure and got below warnings which
support my above understanding:

1. warning: !!! Unit cell has been reduced.

Bravais lattice: Tetragonal primitive

     a             b            c
 13.98640455    13.98640455   19.77976300  >> the original was 19.77976300
     alpha         beta         gamma
 90.00000000    90.00000000   90.00000000

2. SPACE GROUP CONTAINS INVERSION

3. ROTDEF - Error
0.0u 0.0s 0:00.00 0.0% 0+0k 0+24io 0pf+0w

So, if I accept all warnings during initialisation, I get different SGs.

Sincerely
Bhamu