[Wien] overflow on array size calculation

Laurence Marks L-marks at northwestern.edu
Sat May 20 15:09:17 CEST 2017

Sorry, but it is almost certainly nothing to do with ulimit since that
is done in software now (has been for some years).

It is hard to say without other information what is going on. Is this
a large calculation? What does "grep ifft1 *.output2* " give you? Is
this mpi or just k-point parallel?

If it is a large calculation it may be that you need to use
lapw2_vector_split in your .machines file. In some cases lapw2 can run
out of memory.

It could also be that lapw1 crashed, so check that. In principle a
crash of lapw1 should stop the program but sometimes it does not.