[Wien] XC-functional Option 15 in version 16

afiq radzwan afiqradzwan1992 at gmail.com
Sun May 21 13:14:40 CEST 2017

Dear WIEN2K users,
I have upgraded wien2k version from 13 to 16 on a 32-core machine. Before
this in version 13, I was running using XC-functional option 15(EV-GGA) and
I want to run the same  XC-functiona in version 16 but its use different
format  in case.in0 to define XC-functional instead of numerical format. So
by referring to SWITCH_LIST.odt in SRC_lapw0, I defined the EV-GGA in my
case.in0  as shown below:-

TOT  EX_EV93 EC_PW91 VX_EV93 VC_PW91
(XC_LDA,XC_PBESOL,XC_WC,XC_MBJ,XC_REVTPSS)
NR2V      IFFT      (R2V)
  90  30  90    2.00  1    min IFFT-parameters, enhancement factor, iprint

But I tried to calculate the total DOS in version 16 using the same
structure(case.struct) with the same value of kpoint, rkmax and gmax as I
ran before in version 13, I cannot get the same band gaps in version 13.
Same goes to my bandstructure.

My questions are
1) Is it EV-GGA in option 15 in version 13 same in version 16?

2) is there any way to use the numerical format to define XC- functional as
in version 13?

I have SEARCHED the archives AND READ THE USERS GUIDE and the FAQ pages,
but I couldn't solve my problem.

Thanks and regards

Afiq Radzwan,
Doctor of philosophy(Physics) candidate