[Wien] Energy ordering of the Ni-3d

Alex alexanderwien2k at gmail.com
Fri May 26 21:37:11 CEST 2017

Thanks Gavin and Gerhard,

I am interested in the D3d one when one look at the FCC crystal along the
[111] axes.
Actually, the central Ni atom in the (0,0,0) is a 12 coordinates atom, all
the 12 atoms around have identical distance to the central one, what I am
looking for is that how the "3d" orbital of the central atom is split up
due to the crystal filed effect of the other 12 Ni atoms around?

Thanks,
Alex