[Wien] convergence problem

fatima DFT fatimadft5 at gmail.com
Sat May 27 00:04:41 CEST 2017

Thank you Sir,
Your answer helped me to identify the source of error. The structure file
is not good. Now I have new structure file and the optimization is going on
as expected.

The new structure is taken from this paper: Alonso et al.
<http://pubs.acs.org/doi/pdf/10.1021/ic990921e>
Table 2 column 2.

But the authors (also most of the authors) have reported this structure as
Pbnm and when I initialized the structure it shows a warning and automatic
stabilize in Pnma SG.

Is this normal?

On Fri, May 26, 2017 at 8:51 PM, Laurence Marks <L-marks at northwestern.edu>
wrote:

> Most structures (almost all) have higher symmetry. You probably used a
> not so good location for the structure.

Yes, it was the problem in structure. Now I have new structure file and