[Wien] Number of charge concentration in the system

halim said halim_said04 at yahoo.fr
Thu Nov 2 02:28:56 CET 2017

Dear Professor Pieper,
Thank you very much for your answer and clarification, and detailed answer.
Do you mean the total numbers of electrons is NE printed in file.in2?
Thank you for your answer.
Halim Said

    Le Mercredi 1 novembre 2017 22h26, pieper <pieper at ifp.tuwien.ac.at> a écrit :

 You want to know the overall electron concentration? Why use Wien2k for
that one?

If your unit cell is spanned by crystallografic basis vectors a,b,c then
the volume is V=a*(b x c).

If your unit cell contains n_i atoms of elements nuclear charge Z_i the
total number of electrons is N=sum_i(n_i*Z_i).

The concentration is c=N/V.

And yes, volume V as well as total number of electrons N are printed in
Wien2k's result file ...

---
Dr. Martin Pieper
Karl-Franzens University