[Wien] Use only gamma sampling

Gavin Abo gsabo at crimson.ua.edu
Fri Nov 3 05:11:44 CET 2017

Did the VASP article use the pre-compiler flag -DNGXhalf [1], which is
used for large supercells and molecules with only 1 k-point (Gamma) and
is roughly twice as fast and uses half the memory [2]?  As far as I
know, WIEN2k doesn't have a similar pre-compiler flag to this.

Or did they use Gamma in their VASP KPOINTS file [3]?  The KPOINTS file
might be similar to WIEN2k's case.klist that is created with "x kgen" [4].

[1]
https://cms.mpi.univie.ac.at/vasp/vasp/Pre_compiler_flags_overview_parallel_version_Gamma_point_only_version.html
[2] https://www.nsc.liu.se/~pla/blog/2011/06/28/vaspcompile/
[3] https://cms.mpi.univie.ac.at/vasp/vasp/Automatic_k_mesh_generation.html